As part of the Sports Global Group of companies, SBC develops the sports betting and gaming industry by connecting businesses with the people and information necessary to succeed.
SBC Events organises the largest international events for the sports, sports betting and gaming industries, with a focus on inspiring content, information, and networking for senior executives. Our events include the industry leading Betting on Sports and Betting on Sports America conferences, as well as the CasinoBeats Summit and SBC Awards. In 2020 we will launch the new global betting and gaming show SBC Summit in Barcelona, covering all aspects of sports betting, iGaming, and payments in one event, as well as growing CasinoBeats Malta into a full two day conference and trade show in Malta.
SBC Media is the largest b2b news publisher in the betting and gaming industry with more than 75 news stories published every day across multiple online publications, as well as webinars and a bi-monthly print magazine. These provide a content and advertising platform for operators, suppliers, service providers and affiliates to promote their brand, products and services to the industry. SBC Media also provides editorial services and content strategy to enable industry players to get their message out effectively.
SBC’s flagship publication SBC News covers the sports betting industry with 80,000 unique visitors every month, complemented by SBC Americas focused on the US and wider Americas market and the newly launched SBC Noticias providing Spanish-language coverage of the market in Latin America and beyond. Additional brands include CasinoBeats covering the global casino and iGaming industries, PaymentExpert covering the fast-changing global payments sector, and Insider Sport the hub for news about the commercial aspects of sport.
SBC works closely with other Sport Global Group companies Esports Insider and AffiliateINSIDER, as well as affiliated company Oddslife. The group has over 50 employees with headquarters in London, several offices across Europe, as well as in the US and Latin America. With ambitious expansion plans, SBC is a high growth and innovative company focused on customer commitment and quality.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As the company continues its global expansion, it needs to provide increased attention to the sports betting and iGaming operators around the world that are a key constituency for SBC events, news and media services.
The Global Relationships Director (GRD) will take a leading role in deepening our existing operator relationships, as well as bringing new operators into the SBC community, and ensuring that our events are meeting and exceeding their needs.
This role will have direct responsibility for SBC’s relationships with leading operators, as well as managing SBC’s regional employees and external SBC Ambassadors tasked with building operator relationships in key markets around the globe. The GRD will work closely with the CEO and Managing Director, who currently manage key operator relationships that they will continue to serve.
Maintaining a profile of the operators we serve, the GRD will have knowledge of the key contacts across key functions within these operators, and will use this knowledge to increase operator engagement across the SBC portfolio, including sourcing conference speakers and driving attendance at SBC events.
The GRD will also serve as the “Voice of the Operator” to the senior management team, providing intelligence on operators’ needs and ensuring that our events and services are meeting and exceeding those needs.
- Direct SBC’s overall approach to operators, managing employees with regional responsibility and external SBC Ambassadors, and coordinating efforts with the VP of Growth and Strategy, Americas as well as the CEO and MD of SBC, in order to have a complete view and coordinated approach to operators
- The primary responsibility will involve building and maintaining direct relationships with the leading sports betting and gaming operators in order to drive the objectives set out below:
- Sourcing high quality speakers from operators for all SBC events
- Driving attendance at SBC events by selling delegate passes to operators and encouraging them to send strong representation across all functions. Keep an up to date list of operators confirmed to attend SBC events, to be utilised by marketing and sales in promoting the event
- Working with senior management to devise operator packages or subscriptions to engage operators more widely across the opportunities that SBC provides
- Encouraging operators to nominate themselves for SBC Awards and to attend the event
- Introducing operators to SBC media services and passing on leads to Media Sales
- Promoting new services such as SBC Training that target operators as customers
- Contributing to matchmaking efforts by understanding how operator needs and interests match up with other SBC clients (suppliers, investors, etc)
- Making introductions to relevant operator contacts in order to support SBC businesses. By way of example, introducing operator sponsorship executives to support future SBC Sponsorship Forum events and sponsorship intermediary business
- Develop and maintain profiles on all operators, with knowledge of the key contacts in all functions (payments, marketing, tech/product, etc) as well as all C-level contacts, and utilise these contacts to drive engagement with relevant SBC events and services
- Engage with operators to understand their needs and serve as the “voice of the operator” to the SBC senior team, ensuring SBC events and services meet and exceed operator expectations and providing input to ensure SBC strategy is informed by the operator perspective
- Work with SBC senior team to develop a strategy for events in new regions (Latin America, Asia), contributing existing market knowledge and building the network of operators in those regions to support the launch of those events.
- Consistently utilise the company CRM (Hubspot) keeping up to date records of operator contacts and communications, and ensure that team members do the same
You must have:
- Deep experience working in B2B events and/or media serving the gaming sector
- A network of senior level contacts across sports betting and iGaming operators
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to open doors and build rapport with industry executives
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
It would be nice if you had:
- Knowledge of additional languages in order to directly work with operators in SBC’s growth markets, Spanish particularly helpful
- Knowledge of and a network in international markets that represent growth opportunities for future SBC events, in particular in Asia and/or Latin America
- Work within the fast paced and exciting sports betting and gaming industry
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in West London
- Be part of a high growth and exciting news, media and event company
Please email us at email@example.com with your CV and short covering note if you are interested in this position.
Our fair processing notice with respect to data you submit can be found here.