As part of the Sports Global Group of companies, SBC develops the sports betting and gaming industry by connecting businesses with the people and information necessary to succeed.
SBC Events organises the largest international events for the sports, sports betting and gaming industries, with a focus on inspiring content, information, and networking for senior executives. Our events include the industry leading Betting on Sports and Betting on Sports America conferences, as well as the CasinoBeats Summit and SBC Awards. In 2020 we will launch the new global betting and gaming show SBC Summit in Barcelona, covering all aspects of sports betting, iGaming, and payments in one event, as well as growing CasinoBeats Malta into a full two day conference and trade show in Malta.
SBC Media is the largest b2b news publisher in the betting and gaming industry with more than 75 news stories published every day across multiple online publications, as well as webinars and a bi-monthly print magazine. These provide a content and advertising platform for operators, suppliers, service providers and affiliates to promote their brand, products and services to the industry. SBC Media also provides editorial services and content strategy to enable industry players to get their message out effectively.
SBC’s flagship publication SBC News covers the sports betting industry with 80,000 unique visitors every month, complemented by SBC Americas focused on the US and wider Americas market and the newly launched SBC Noticias providing Spanish-language coverage of the market in Latin America and beyond. Additional brands include CasinoBeats covering the global casino and iGaming industries, PaymentExpert covering the fast-changing global payments sector, and Insider Sport the hub for news about the commercial aspects of sport.
SBC works closely with other Sport Global Group companies Esports Insider and AffiliateINSIDER, as well as affiliated company Oddslife. The group has over 50 employees with headquarters in London, several offices across Europe, as well as in the US and Latin America. With ambitious expansion plans, SBC is a high growth and innovative company focused on customer commitment and quality.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As SBC continues its global expansion with an ever increasing number of events and media activities, its portfolio of products has grown as well. To ensure that the sizeable opportunities in several specific areas receive sufficient attention and are fully exploited, the company is adding several specialist sales positions.
An area of particular attention is that of media, which has been the foundation of SBC’s success and which continues to be closely intertwined with its events business by creating visibility, credibility, and content support for the events.
Due to the expansion and development across geographies, product and audience, there is an increased opportunity to further leverage the commercial potential provided by our media network. This consists of a series of B2B news websites covering a range of disciplines across the gambling industry for different regions and languages. It also incorporates digital broadcast assets (e.g,, webinars & bespoke video production) and bi-monthly print magazines.
This new role will develop media sales in all aspects, from a contribution to the development of the sales inventory, the content of the sales materials, outreach & engagement with internal stakeholders and external partners, through to customer relationship management and review of the commercial effectiveness of any deal and the cross sell to broader SBC services.
This role would suit an individual who is seeking to take responsibility for achieving targets across a distinct and growing line of business, leading and developing the media sales strategy within a fast-moving, innovative environment.
You will be working closely both with colleagues from the media team in Manchester to create interesting business propositions for advertisers and partners, and with colleagues from the sales team to ensure their customers include optimal media packages in their marketing strategies.
The Media Sales manager will report to Jaap Kalma; SBC’s Chief Commercial Officer. Jaap brings a wealth of experience from across different sports. Prior to joining SBC, Jaap served a Chief Commercial Officer for AC Milan and before that worked at Ferrari as Global Brand Director across sports and F1.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Sell and relationship-manage products and services available in SBC Media (news portals, newsletters, magazine, webinars, etc.) in close collaboration with the media team
- Ensure consistent delivery of services that meet and exceed client expectations
- Develop media sales materials and presentations, and ensure these are constantly improved and always up to date
- Contribute to media sales target setting. Manage media sales reporting, inventory management and advertising planning
- Leverage the sales team on the media sales opportunity and how best to position opportunities with their existing clients. This will require flexibility in working with and through sales colleagues to achieve the objectives
- Track competitive developments in trade industry news offerings (websites, magazines, services, etc.), also in different industries
- Identify new sales and business opportunities for the company across the media portfolio, and work with the MD and team in developing new media products that meet customer needs
- Attend and represent the company at events and exhibitions around the world
- Make optimal use of the CRM system, collecting and updating information and ensuring that it is used consistently and correctly at all times
You want to be part of an amazing and highly experienced team in a rapidly growing company operating in the sports betting, and gaming industries. The company is based in West London and offers an informal, fun & stimulating work environment. You are an ambitious person that masters every aspect and every area of the media sales process, who genuinely cares about your customers, and goes out of your way to make them succeed.
You are capable to manage the full commercial cycle, from product definition to reporting, and are able to work independently to make sure all phases are managed in such a way that optimal sales results and client satisfaction are achieved.
You will be reporting to the CCO and work in conjunction with the head of SBC Media, and will be in frequent contact with the MD.
You must have:
- Deep experience working in b2b media within a sales, business development or relationship management role
- Experience with the development of sales materials, and with sales planning and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to open doors and build rapport with industry executives
- Excellent teamwork skills, able to get things done through persuasion rather than hierarchy
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Strong experience with word processing/spreadsheet/presentation programs; good writing and presentation skills
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience in (or at least a good understanding of) the Sports Betting and Gaming industry
- Proficiency in additional languages, so that you can work directly work with clients in SBC’s growth markets. Spanish would be particularly helpful.
- Experience with CRM systems
- Experience with Google Drive
- Work within the fast paced and exciting sports betting and gaming industry
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in West London
- Be part of a high growth and exciting news, media and event company
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and short covering note if you are interested in this position.
Our fair processing notice with respect to data you submit can be found here.