As part of the Sports Global Group of companies, SBC develops the sports betting and gaming industry by connecting businesses with the people and information necessary to succeed.
SBC Events organises the largest international events for the sports, sports betting and gaming industries, with a focus on inspiring content, information, and networking for senior executives. Our events include the industry leading Betting on Sports and Betting on Sports America conferences, as well as the CasinoBeats Summit and SBC Awards. In 2020 we will launch the new global betting and gaming show SBC Summit in Barcelona, covering all aspects of sports betting, iGaming, and payments in one event, as well as growing CasinoBeats Malta into a full two day conference and trade show in Malta.
SBC Media is the largest b2b news publisher in the betting and gaming industry with more than 75 news stories published every day across multiple online publications, as well as webinars and a bi-monthly print magazine. These provide a content and advertising platform for operators, suppliers, service providers and affiliates to promote their brand, products and services to the industry. SBC Media also provides editorial services and content strategy to enable industry players to get their message out effectively.
SBC’s flagship publication SBC News covers the sports betting industry with 80,000 unique visitors every month, complemented by SBC Americas focused on the US and wider Americas market and the newly launched SBC Noticias providing Spanish-language coverage of the market in Latin America and beyond. Additional brands include CasinoBeats covering the global casino and iGaming industries, PaymentExpert covering the fast-changing global payments sector, and Insider Sport the hub for news about the commercial aspects of sport.
SBC works closely with other Sport Global Group companies Esports Insider and AffiliateINSIDER, as well as affiliated company Oddslife. The group has over 50 employees with headquarters in London, several offices across Europe, as well as in the US and Latin America. With ambitious expansion plans, SBC is a high growth and innovative company focused on customer commitment and quality.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
SBC puts on high quality conference content across a range of disciplines in the global gambling industry and beyond. As the company continues its growth trajectory, it needs to continue to provide top quality programmes with the most interesting and relevant speakers, across a rapidly growing portfolio of global events. The Senior Conference Producer will take a leading role in developing our high quality conference agenda and sourcing speakers for our events.
Within this remit, sports betting and iGaming operators are a key constituency for SBC across our business and are important speakers at our events. As such, the Senior Conference Producer will take a leading role alongside senior management in deepening our existing operator relationships, as well as bringing new operators into the SBC community.
This role will have direct responsibility for putting on a high quality and comprehensive conference programme and play an important role in SBC’s relationships with leading operators. The SCP will work closely with the CEO and Managing Director, who currently manage key operator relationships and conference content. The SCP will also liaise with our large editorial team in order to source the best speakers on the most exciting topics.
The role will also involve managing the relationship with our conference sponsors that are speakers or panellists and ensuring their representation on the programme enhances the event.
The SCP will use their exceptional organisational and administrative skills in making sure that all of the participants are prepared for events, from organising pre-event panel calls, to ensuring that presentations have the required AV specifications, to making sure that speakers have the correct marketing material to promote their participation. They will also use their relationship with speakers, and contacts within the operators more generally, to drive attendance at SBC events.
You must have:
- Experience working in B2B events and/or media serving the gaming sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to open doors and build rapport with industry executives
- Experience of operating autonomously and using effective decision making and judgment
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
- Exceptional organisational skills
It would be nice if you had:
- A network of senior level contacts across sports betting and iGaming operators
- Additional languages in order to work directly with operators in SBC’s growth markets, Spanish particularly helpful
- Knowledge of and network in international markets that represent growth opportunities for future SBC events, in particular Asia and/or Latin America
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Research betting, gaming and other relevant industries for agenda topics, speakers and competitor activity
- Proactively plan out the agenda topics and identify speakers for all our events
- Engage, network and build relationships with key industry people
- Work closely with the content and editorial teams around agenda topics and speakers
- Liaising with sales team to maximise sponsorship opportunity and event revenue related to speaking opportunities
- Responsibility for keeping the agenda and speakers up to date, and communicate all updates internally to sales, content, marketing and events teams
- Manage agenda, speaker logistics and event delivery on site for all our events
- Attend and represent the company at international events and exhibitions
- Identify new opportunities for future potential conferences and content
- Sourcing high quality speakers from operators for all SBC events
- Develop and maintain profiles on all operators, with knowledge of the key contacts in all functions (payments, marketing, tech/product, etc) as well as all C-level contacts, and utilise these contacts to source compelling speakers for SBC events
- Support marketing efforts by working with marketing team to highlight key speakers to feature in promotional campaigns and content marketing, and to ensure that all speakers have the digital marketing assets to promote their participation in the event
- Work within the fast paced and exciting sports betting and gaming industry
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in West London
- Be part of a high growth and exciting news, media and event company
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with you CV and short covering note if you are interested in this position.
Our fair processing notice with respect to data you submit can be found here.