The following statement describes the type of data that Sport Global keeps about job applicants and the purpose for which it is kept and your rights under the GDPR related to data processed about you, should you apply to work for Sport Global. This applies whether your application is received directly by Sport Global or via an agency.
Processing job applications
From the point at which we receive your application for employment with Sport Global, we will need to maintain and process data about you for the purposes of reaching and communicating a recruitment decision and production of an offer of employment if appropriate.
Such data is normally retained for six months following completion of our recruitment processes in the event of an offer of employment not being made.
Should an offer be made a further notice will be provided alongside any offer covering how such data is used and stored during the processing of offers and subsequent employment.
Processing at the recruitment stage includes the collection, storage, retrieval, alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. The kind of data that Sport Global may process includes:
- Interview details including notes of interviewers, dates and times
- Candidate’s work history
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the role
- Date of birth (for post-employment checks only)
- Contact details, including addresses, phone numbers and other contact details including historical address records for staff vetting and ID verification
- Criminal records (only where relevant to the role and where legally permitted)
- Court judgements and directorships (only where relevant to the role and where legally permitted)
- References provided by previous employers and personal or educational referees
- National Insurance number
- Rights to work information for example copies of passports, ID cards, residence permits
- Documents to confirm identity and address, for example, the above and utility bills, bank statements
Sport Global believes that those records are consistent with the recruiter, candidate and, in the event of an offer being made, employer relationship between Sport Global and yourself and with our requirements under data protection legislation.
Applicant and employee data
The data Sport Global holds may be held and processed to meet Sport Global’s legal responsibilities and also for the purposes of management and administration of an offer of employment, ascertaining suitability for employment, to comply with equal opportunity, immigration and money laundering legislation and, from time to time, the need to disclose data it holds about you to relevant third parties (for example where legally obliged to do so by HM Revenue and Customs, UK Border or other public authority, or where requested to do so by you for the purpose of giving a reference).
Sport Global may also share this data with selected third parties, under agreements which strictly govern the use the third party may make of the data, to facilitate the above uses including our nominated staff vetting provider.
In some cases, Sport Global may also hold sensitive data, as defined by the legislation, about you. This could be information about health, criminal convictions and financial debts and directorships.
Accessing your personal information
If you wish to view the information held about you, you must make a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may, within a period of thirty days of your written request, inspect and/or have a copy (subject to the requirements of the legislation) of the information held about you and, if necessary, require corrections should such records be faulty.
Your rights under the GDPR also include the following:
- The right to rectification
- Right to erasure (sometimes known as the right to be forgotten)
- Right to restrict processing
- Right to data portability
- Right to object
- Rights concerning automated decision making and profiling
Should you have any complaints regarding the handling of your data you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Group Business Director.
You can contact him at:
Group Business Director
1 Putney Bridge Approach,
London, SW6 3JD