As part of the Sports Global Group of companies, SBC develops the sports betting and gaming industry by connecting businesses with the people and information necessary to succeed.
SBC Events organises the largest international events for the sports, sports betting and gaming industries, with a focus on inspiring content, information, and networking for senior executives. Our events include the industry leading Betting on Sports and Betting on Sports America conferences, as well as the CasinoBeats Summit and SBC Awards. In 2020 we will launch the new global betting and gaming show SBC Summit in Barcelona, covering all aspects of sports betting, iGaming, and payments in one event, as well as growing CasinoBeats Malta into a full two day conference and trade show in Malta.
SBC Media is the largest b2b news publisher in the betting and gaming industry with more than 75 news stories published every day across multiple online publications, as well as webinars and a bi-monthly print magazine. These provide a content and advertising platform for operators, suppliers, service providers and affiliates to promote their brand, products and services to the industry. SBC Media also provides editorial services and content strategy to enable industry players to get their message out effectively.
SBC’s flagship publication SBC News covers the sports betting industry with 80,000 unique visitors every month, complemented by SBC Americas focused on the US and wider Americas market and the newly launched SBC Noticias providing Spanish-language coverage of the market in Latin America and beyond. Additional brands include CasinoBeats covering the global casino and iGaming industries, PaymentExpert covering the fast-changing global payments sector, and Insider Sport the hub for news about the commercial aspects of sport.
SBC works closely with other Sport Global Group companies Esports Insider and AffiliateINSIDER, as well as affiliated company Oddslife. The group has over 50 employees with headquarters in London, several offices across Europe, as well as in the US and Latin America. With ambitious expansion plans, SBC is a high growth and innovative company focused on customer commitment and quality.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Excellence in client care is at the heart of the company and as it continues its global expansion we have created this brand new role of Relationship Manager who will ensure we continue to provide unparalleled service to our clients.
As a key part of the events team the Relationship Manager will be responsible for the after sale care of our exhibitors and sponsors. Sitting at the heart of the organisation, they will work closely with sales, marketing, design and fellow members of the event team to create a seamless experience for clients when they are organising their participation at our events.
The Relationship Manager will work with clients across the events portfolio, including conferences, exhibitions, awards ceremonies and networking parties hosted in various locations around the globe including London, New York, Barcelona and Malta.
Establishing strong relationships with multiple clients the Relationship Manager will quickly gain knowledge that is vital for the organisation and will be required to feed back to the senior management team and also with this insight have the opportunity to help shape future event and sales strategy.
You must have:
- Experience in the conference and exhibition industry or with a background in live events
- Speaker, VIP, sponsor or exhibitor management experience
- Account management experience
- Strong social and communication skills; with the ability to deal with a broad range of stakeholders and work as part of a team
- Exceptional project management skills
- Ability to remain calm in busy and stressful environments
- Available to travel worldwide
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience working in or understanding of the B2B events and/or media serving the gaming sector
- Experience with Google Drive and CRM systems
- Knowledge of health and safety requirements
- Qualification in project management
- Managing sponsors and exhibitors, building key relationships as the primary contact in all fulfilment needs
- Close liaison with exhibition service contractors to assist where required in their dealings with clients
- Working with venues, other suppliers and internal teams to ensure our clients have the best possible experience
- Producing information packs for exhibitors and sponsors
- Collating and tracking sponsors material such as logos and company profiles for the event website, printed programme and signage
- Managing add-on stand packages for exhibitors were required
- Methodical filing and record keeping, arranging meetings, keeping minutes and follow up correspondence
- Responding quickly and calmly to requests from delegates, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors pre-event and onsite.
- Delivering sponsor and exhibitor benefits: stands, branding, bags, etc
- Consideration of health, safety and environmental issues and decisions
- Post show evaluation and development
- To work with the rest of the events team to ensure that events run smoothly, professionally and come in on budget
- To maintain good levels of communication between sponsors, exhibitors, contractors, the team and the venue management
- Work within the fast paced and exciting sports betting and gaming industry
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in West London
- Be part of a high growth and exciting news, media and event company
Please email us at email@example.com with your CV and short covering note if you are interested in this position.
Our fair processing notice with respect to data you submit can be found here.