As part of the Sports Global Group of companies, SBC develops the sports betting and gaming industry by connecting businesses with the people and information necessary to succeed.
SBC Events organises the largest international events for the sports, sports betting and gaming industries, with a focus on inspiring content, information, and networking for senior executives. Our events include the industry leading Betting on Sports and Betting on Sports America conferences, as well as the CasinoBeats Summit and SBC Awards. In 2020 we will launch the new global betting and gaming show SBC Summit in Barcelona, covering all aspects of sports betting, iGaming, and payments in one event, as well as growing CasinoBeats Malta into a full two day conference and trade show in Malta.
SBC Media is the largest b2b news publisher in the betting and gaming industry with more than 75 news stories published every day across multiple online publications, as well as webinars and a bi-monthly print magazine. These provide a content and advertising platform for operators, suppliers, service providers and affiliates to promote their brand, products and services to the industry. SBC Media also provides editorial services and content strategy to enable industry players to get their message out effectively.
SBC’s flagship publication SBC News covers the sports betting industry with 80,000 unique visitors every month, complemented by SBC Americas focused on the US and wider Americas market and the newly launched SBC Noticias providing Spanish-language coverage of the market in Latin America and beyond. Additional brands include CasinoBeats covering the global casino and iGaming industries, PaymentExpert covering the fast-changing global payments sector, and Insider Sport the hub for news about the commercial aspects of sport.
SBC works closely with other Sport Global Group companies Esports Insider and AffiliateINSIDER, as well as affiliated company Oddslife. The group has over 50 employees with headquarters in London, several offices across Europe, as well as in the US and Latin America. With ambitious expansion plans, SBC is a high growth and innovative company focused on customer commitment and quality.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
To support the continued growth of SBC, we are creating a new role of Customer Relationship Data Manager. Until now, CRM data management has been carried out within the marketing team who have been the primary day-to-day users of the CRM system.. However, with a focus on strong client relationships as a key factor of our success, it is recognised this is an important strategic capability which will enable us to continue our expansion trajectory and outperform our competitors.
This role will contribute to:
- The effective utilisation of CRM tools (Hubspot) for use by all stakeholders; primarily sales and marketing, but also for speaker recruitment for our conferences, and as a data source for our networking and events app SBC Connect and to leverage other systems.
- The development of a data structure in the CRM system to empower us to effectively target based on customer segments
- Developing data-driven marketing techniques to drive new clientage
- Maximizing customer engagement and lifetime value
- Analyzing data and market metrics (conversion rates / web analytics etc)
- Improving processes to make tracking of sales pipelines more efficient and controllable
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure good data hygiene is maintained within the CRM database to ensure that the data is as accurate and useful as possible for its intended uses
- Champion the use of the CRM system across the business, ensure that all stakeholders (especially sales and marketing) are making effective use of the system and data, and are updating data consistently and accurately
- Employ data modelling to refine the data architecture used in the CRM, such that useful analyses, segmentation and campaign targeting can be carried out
- Actively build the database by conducting data import from other sources (spreadsheets, outside acquired data) and through integration with other systems used by the company (event ticketing system, events app, analytics systems, etc)
- Implement processes (both automated and manual) to clean data, identify and fill key gaps, and oversee research activities to grow and improve the database
- Develop workflows, reports and dashboards in the CRM system to support sales and marketing processes, and provide ongoing support and problem solving to the users of the CRM system
- Provide training to CRM users to ensure that they are able to fully utilise the system and correctly add and maintain data
- Ensure good data management, data retention and privacy protection in the maintenance and use of the CRM data, including GDPR compliance
You must have:
- Degree in business management, marketing, or a technical field
- Experience working with and actively managing a CRM system (Hubspot experience a plus)
- Experience in data management (organizing large quantities of data from various sources, establishing data structures, knowledge of data quality measures)
- Customer-focused attitude with an emphasis on customer’s lifetime activities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, in order to work effectively with all stakeholders
- Ability to understand overall business needs, as well as the needs of diverse stakeholders, to implement solutions that are fit for purpose
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, attentive to details, ability to communicate complex concepts to a non-technical audience
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience in project management
- Experience with other data analysis and presentation tools (Google Analytics, Tableau, etc)
- Knowledge of or an interest in the sports betting & gaming industry and/or in the events business
- Work within the fast paced and exciting sports betting and gaming industry
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in West London
- Be part of a high growth and exciting news, media and event company
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with you CV and short covering note if you are interested in this position.
Our fair processing notice with respect to data you submit can be found here.