As part of the Sports Global Group of companies, SBC develops the sports betting and gaming industry by connecting businesses with the people and information necessary to succeed.
SBC Events organises the largest international events for the sports, sports betting and gaming industries, with a focus on inspiring content, information, and networking for senior executives. Our events include the industry leading Betting on Sports and Betting on Sports America conferences, as well as the CasinoBeats Summit and SBC Awards. In 2020 we will launch the new global betting and gaming show SBC Summit in Barcelona, covering all aspects of sports betting, iGaming, and payments in one event, as well as growing CasinoBeats Malta into a full two day conference and trade show in Malta.
SBC Media is the largest b2b news publisher in the betting and gaming industry with more than 75 news stories published every day across multiple online publications, as well as webinars and a bi-monthly print magazine. These provide a content and advertising platform for operators, suppliers, service providers and affiliates to promote their brand, products and services to the industry. SBC Media also provides editorial services and content strategy to enable industry players to get their message out effectively.
SBC’s flagship publication SBC News covers the sports betting industry with 80,000 unique visitors every month, complemented by SBC Americas focused on the US and wider Americas market and the newly launched SBC Noticias providing Spanish-language coverage of the market in Latin America and beyond. Additional brands include CasinoBeats covering the global casino and iGaming industries, PaymentExpert covering the fast-changing global payments sector, and Insider Sport the hub for news about the commercial aspects of sport.
SBC works closely with other Sport Global Group companies Esports Insider and AffiliateINSIDER, as well as affiliated company Oddslife. The group has over 50 employees with headquarters in London, several offices across Europe, as well as in the US and Latin America. With ambitious expansion plans, SBC is a high growth and innovative company focused on customer commitment and quality.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We currently have a very exciting opportunity for an Event Manager to join our events team involved in organising conferences, exhibitions and networking parties. We are looking for someone with an eye for detail, who is up for a challenge, who can work on multiple tasks and hit deadlines.
Ideally you will have a proven track record delivering exciting, dynamic and successful events and are ready to take on this demanding role.
You believe in live events and will strive to make our events a better experience for all stakeholders.
In this varied role you will work closely with senior executives, suppliers, venues and the internal marketing, sales and design teams. You will also be working closely with our sponsors and exhibitors so you need to be strong at building relationships with our key accounts.
You must have:
- Event management experience, planning and running medium sized events – conferences, briefings, trade shows/exhibitions etc
- In depth supplier management experience, delivering consistently and on budget
- Experience with delegate registration management
- Ability to provide budget management across all events, ensuring delivery on both revenue and costs
- Proven effectiveness in contract negotiations and cost optimization from keys suppliers
- Solid understanding of the best and latest event technologies
- Exceptional project direction and management skills, ability to manage multiple timelines, deadlines, actions in a collaborative extremely fast-paced environment
- Excellent client management experience, confident in building relationships and pitching new ideas
It would be nice if you had:
- Knowledge of the sports betting or gaming industry
- Experience of CRM and Ticketing platforms
- Experience of organising events outside Europe
- Producing detailed event plans
- Working with venues and catering suppliers
- Managing signage, AV and other technical suppliers
- Sourcing and delivering sponsor and exhibitor benefits: stands, branding, bags, etc
- Producing information packs for exhibitors and sponsors
- Ensuring event budget is up to date with costs
- Working closely with the management team on the ‘look and feel’ of the event
- Close liaison with exhibition services contractors for expo build
- Designing and managing floor plans
- Designing and coordinating delivery and pullout schedules
- Managing suppliers and contractors including sourcing new partners
- Ordering of all furniture and equipment needed on site
- Methodical filing and record keeping, arranging meetings, keeping minutes and follow up correspondence
- Responding quickly and calmly to requests from delegates, speakers, sponsors and exhibitors pre-event and onsite. The ability to remain calm in busy and stressful environments is important.
- Assisting the conference content team with speaker logistics as required, requesting speaker biographies and pictures, ensuring speakers have all of the information required in the run up to the event.Managing appropriate staffing levels during the event and at other busy times
- Consideration of health, safety and environmental issues and decisions
- Post show evaluation and development
- Ensuring that the conference programmes run smoothly and all presentations are available to AV contractors and delegates alike
- Ensuring that the events run smoothly, professionally and come in on budget
- Maintaining good levels of communication between sponsors, exhibitors, contractors, the team and the venue management
- Work within the fast paced and exciting sports betting and gaming industry
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in West London
- Be part of a high growth and exciting news, media and event company
Please email us at email@example.com with your CV and short covering note if you are interested in this position.
Our fair processing notice with respect to data you submit can be found here.