ABOUT SPORT GLOBAL
The Sport Global group of companies develop high growth industries by connecting businesses with the people and information they need to succeed. With ambitious expansion plans, including expansion into new verticals, Sport Global is a high growth and innovative company focused on customer commitment and quality.
The Sport Global group consists of three related companies:
Sports Betting Community (SBC) is the leading B2B media and events company focused on the global sports betting and gaming industry. SBC Events organises the largest international events for the sports, sports betting and gaming industries, with a focus on inspiring content, information, and networking for senior executives. SBC Media is the largest b2b news publisher in the betting and gaming industry with more than 75 news stories published every day across multiple online publications, as well as webinars and a bi-monthly print magazine. SBC Media also provides editorial services and content strategy to enable industry players to get their message out effectively.
Esports Insider was founded in 2016 to cover the growing esports industry. The ESI news site attracts over 100k unique visitors every month, while the growing events business organises a number of business events including annual conferences in London and New York.
AffiliateINSIDER works with both brands and affiliates to develop their business through more effective management of affiliate programs. The company provides strategy and affiliate management services to leading brands in gaming and other industries, as well as training to develop the skills within companies affiliate marketing teams.
In addition to the group companies, Sport Global also works closely with affiliated company Oddslife, sharing corporate management resources and expertise around the gaming industry. Oddslife develops free-to-play social prediction games to engage sports fans that are used by its clients to acquire, retain and monetise their customers.
The Sport Global group has over 50 employees with its headquarters in London, offices across Europe and the US and a growing international presence in other regions.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As the company continues its rapid growth and embarks on a significant international expansion plan, in reaching this next level of maturity it will be necessary to bring the currently outsourced finance function in-house.
In delivering an effective support function to the organization, this role must balance its three key priorities: efficient operations, compliance requirements and supporting decision making with effective analysis and reporting.
This is a unique opportunity to establish and build a finance function which encompasses the end-to-end business operations from planning/budgeting/forecasting to accounting and finance operations, whilst ensuring the appropriate systems, governance and control frameworks are embedded.
The Head of Finance will be responsible for the entire finance function, overseeing a managed transition from outsourced to in-house provision, though it is envisaged that payroll[, taxation] and statutory accounting will remain outsourced.
You must have:
- Professional qualification in accountancy
- Experience of taking ownership of complex problems and ensuring resolution
- Demonstrable evidence of developing effective working relationships to implement new approaches
- Prior experience managing staff in a finance function
- Strong IT and Excel skills
- Positive “can do” attitude
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience of establishing or restructuring a finance function
- Knowledge of the events and/or media industr
- Experience of working within SMEs
- Deliver an effective finance function; establishing the required policies and procedures for the group companies
- Recruit and develop the finance team to ensure efficient and effective group function
- Collaborate with and oversee the existing outsourced finance operation, manage a smooth transition of functions to an in-house model
- Provide timely and accurate reporting, forecasting and business information
- Lead annual budget process
- Strengthen business decision making throughout the organization
- Provide challenge and be seen as a valued partner to the business
- Define and monitor KPI’s and metrics to help measure performance of the business
- Promote strong governance and establish controls for the organization
- Design an appropriate financial control framework
- Promote management of financial risk to the organization
- Manage outside advisors to understand and meet increasingly onerous statutory and regulatory requirements, including cross-border transactions, intercompany transactions (transfer pricing, etc), multijurisdiction sales taxation, etc
- Be efficient in the operation of the finance function and maintain effective external relationships for outside services
- Ensure cost control across the organization and drive cost reductions
- Oversee treasury function and ensure robust cash forecasting and tracking
- Coordinate external advisors and ensure audit and tax arrangements are efficiently and effectively undertaken
- Ensure accounting policies and practices comply with the relevant local standards
WHY SPORT GLOBAL
- Work within the fast paced and exciting sports betting and gaming industry
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in West London
- Be part of a high growth and exciting news, media and event company
Please email us at email@example.com with your CV and short covering note if you are interested in this position.
Our fair processing notice with respect to data you submit can be found here.