Founded in 2009, SBC (Sports Betting Community) works with industry leaders to develop the sports and betting industries. The core services include events, news, media and industry awards.
Besides organising the world’s largest sports and betting events, SBC operate several b2b industry news websites with 40 news stories published a day across gaming, casino, sports, and esports. The company provides its services to high profile clients in every continent of the world.
We are looking for a highly creative, passionate and experienced Junior/Middleweight Creative Designer.
You will report directly to the Design Director, and work closely with the design, events, marketing and development teams.
- At least 2+ years of experience working with a solid portfolio of online projects
- A designer who wants to expand their knowledge across multiple disciplines and learn whilst doing in a hands-on, fast-paced environment in a growing company
- A natural creative with an excellent eye for visual design and aesthetics
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is a must
(Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign are essential)
- Excellent ability for creating effective layouts, producing pixel-perfect design systems
- A creative thinker and who can translate their vision to any kind of creative product no matter if it’s a brochure, advertisement or a banner.
- Have a good understanding of the print process and techniques
- You care about the company you work for and you don’t shy away from working off-hours when the situation requires it
- You have excellent communication skills (both interpersonal and in writing) and you’re great at following directions
- Curious by nature and want to learn everything there is to know about our business as well as any new technology or trends related to your work.
- Well-organised, meaning you can deliver your work to the standard expected and on time
- Keeps a natural organized file structure and make sure all work is accessible to the team
- Assist in user research and other user-centred design activities
- Compliance with all company policies, procedures and standards
- Knowledge of HTML5/CSS3 development for mobile and desktop web
- Experience with Agile / Kanban methodology
- Knowledge of Project management tools such as JIRA
* Note that an online portfolio available for review is required
In this position, you will report to the Design Director at SBC. Your role will be to interpret and implement the creative vision across projects ranging from digital, social and print. The ideal candidate will have a strong design background which they will be comfortable applying to digital.
A dynamic, thorough and enquiring approach will be required as the Junior/Middleweight Designer will be called on to be involved in a range of projects and executions, with timelines ranging from the immediate to the long term. Fitting in as part of a wider, creative team, the ability to collaborate effectively is also a must.
Here’s what you will have to do:
- Work closely with the design/marketing teams to learn the processes and business goals
- Transfer specifications and briefs into functional designs
- Creating and maintaining design and brand library
- Liaise with the marketing and content teams to establish priorities, and what is needed and when
- Support the marketing team by producing high quality and consistent materials such as microsites, marketing emails, advertisements, event materials, banners and presentations
- Creating websites and marketing campaigns from scratch, improving and perfecting a number of existing ones used for news, media and events
- Creative design suggestions and proposals for new events, media and development projects
- Provide accurate, timely and considered; visuals, accurate print ready artwork files and presentations
WHY JOIN US
- Be part of rapidly growing news, media and events company
- Work within the fast-paced and exciting sports, sports betting and gaming industries
- Your design will be part of large scale events at world-class venues
- A great team within a fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in South West London
- Opportunity to grow your skills and career within the company
- Access to the company’s VIP box at Stamford Bridge
Please send your CV to email@example.com