ABOUT SPORTS BETTING COMMUNITY (SBC)
As part of the Sports Global Group of companies, SBC develops the sports betting and gaming industry by connecting businesses with the people and information necessary to succeed.
SBC Events organises the largest international events for the sports, sports betting and gaming industries, with a focus on inspiring content, information, and networking for senior executives. Our events include the industry leading Betting on Sports and Betting on Sports America conferences, as well as the CasinoBeats Summit and SBC Awards. In 2020 we will launch the new global betting and gaming show SBC Summit in Barcelona, covering all aspects of sports betting, iGaming, and payments in one event, as well as growing CasinoBeats Malta into a full two day conference and trade show in Malta.
SBC Media is the largest b2b news publisher in the betting and gaming industry with more than 75 news stories published every day across multiple online publications, as well as webinars and a bi-monthly print magazine. These provide a content and advertising platform for operators, suppliers, service providers and affiliates to promote their brand, products and services to the industry. SBC Media also provides editorial services and content strategy to enable industry players to get their message out effectively.
SBC’s flagship publication SBC News covers the sports betting industry with 80,000 unique visitors every month, complemented by SBC Americas focused on the US and wider Americas market and the newly launched SBC Noticias providing Spanish-language coverage of the market in Latin America and beyond. Additional brands include CasinoBeats covering the global casino and iGaming industries, PaymentExpert covering the fast-changing global payments sector, and Insider Sport the hub for news about the commercial aspects of sport.
SBC works closely with other Sport Global Group companies Esports Insider and AffiliateINSIDER, as well as affiliated company Oddslife. The group has over 50 employees with headquarters in London and offices across Europe (Manchester, Dorset, Poznan), as well as bases in Malta, the US and Latin America. With ambitious expansion plans, SBC is a high growth and innovative company focused on customer commitment and quality.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The marketing department plays a key role in driving and supporting SBC’s continuing growth. The team is undergoing some changes, with the aim of concurrently strengthening the capabilities of the team as well as expanding its ability to take on an ever-growing task. Because of an internal promotion, the Marketing Assistant position has recently opened up.
This is a very interesting position for a talented, young marketer who wants to get wide-ranging, hands-on experience in the many facets of B2B marketing with a high focus on the digital disciplines. As part of the 6-person marketing team, he/she will be exposed to all marketing activities of the company, as well as interact with most if not all the other functions in SBC, such as Design, Editorial, Sales, and Operations. Over time he/she will take on specific and growing areas of responsibility.
The Marketing Assistant will report to the Marketing Director.
You must have:
- Degree in marketing or commercial communication
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent technical/computer skills and ability to learn and work with various software
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with spreadsheet software (Excel, Google Sheets etc.)
- Great copywriting and proofreading skills, with creativity and attention to detail
- Good understanding of marketing execution
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Ability to work closely with colleagues and team members
- Ability to work in a structured way, prioritising a wide range of tasks
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with marketing execution across verticals (email, website, social media) would be an advantage
- (Some) work experience in (ideally B2B) marketing
- Experience with Google Drive, Google Docs
- Experience with CRM systems (HubSpot)
- Experience with basic CMS systems (WordPress)
- A good creative eye for graphics and design
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with production and execution of campaigns and activities via email, social media and other channels
- Assist with updates of event websites (speakers, sponsors, exhibitors, agenda etc.)
- Collecting and reporting useful stats for marketing activities (performance for website, email, social etc.)
- Collecting and reporting useful stats and KPI’s for event attendees
- Assist with production and distribution of various material (banners, ads etc.) for partners
- Assist with other Ad Hoc marketing tasks
WHY SPORT GLOBAL
Work within the fast-paced and exciting sports betting and gaming industry
A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in West London
Be part of a high growth and exciting news, media and event company
Please email us at [email protected] with you CV and short covering note if you are interested in this position.
Our fair processing notice with respect to data you submit can be found here.