As part of the Sports Global Group of companies, SBC develops the sports betting and gaming industry by connecting businesses with the people and information necessary to succeed.
SBC Events organises the largest international events for the sports, sports betting and gaming industries, with a focus on inspiring content, information, and networking for senior executives. Our events include the industry leading Betting on Sports and Betting on Sports America conferences, as well as the CasinoBeats Summit and SBC Awards. In 2020 we will launch the new global betting and gaming show SBC Summit in Barcelona, covering all aspects of sports betting, iGaming, and payments in one event, as well as growing CasinoBeats Malta into a full two day conference and trade show in Malta.
SBC Media is the largest b2b news publisher in the betting and gaming industry with more than 75 news stories published every day across multiple online publications, as well as webinars and a bi-monthly print magazine. These provide a content and advertising platform for operators, suppliers, service providers and affiliates to promote their brand, products and services to the industry. SBC Media also provides editorial services and content strategy to enable industry players to get their message out effectively.
SBC’s flagship publication SBC News covers the sports betting industry with 80,000 unique visitors every month, complemented by SBC Americas focused on the US and wider Americas market and the newly launched SBC Noticias providing Spanish-language coverage of the market in Latin America and beyond. Additional brands include CasinoBeats covering the global casino and iGaming industries, PaymentExpert covering the fast-changing global payments sector, and Insider Sport the hub for news about the commercial aspects of sport.
SBC works closely with other Sport Global Group companies Esports Insider and AffiliateINSIDER, as well as affiliated company Oddslife. The group has over 50 employees with headquarters in London, several offices across Europe, as well as in the US and Latin America. With ambitious expansion plans, SBC is a high growth and innovative company focused on customer commitment and quality.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As SBC continues its global expansion with an ever increasing number of events and media activities, it is seeking to add an experienced sales person to its sales team focusing on the important growth area of online gaming, related to the CasinoBeats events and media activities.
For the online gaming business, this person will take the lead on developing existing clients with potential for growth, as well as a large number of sales leads with high potential. He or she will work side-by-side with the existing sales team across the broader group. In addition, this sales person will work closely with other CasinoBeats colleagues, more specifically the MD and the Business Development Director focusing on operator contacts.
This opportunity offers great opportunities for growth and a highly competitive salary consisting of a fixed component and commission on sales.
The Sales Manager will report to Jaap Kalma; SBC’s Chief Commercial Officer. Jaap brings a wealth of experience from across different sports. Prior to joining SBC, Jaap served a Chief Commercial Officer for AC Milan and before that worked at Ferrari as Global Brand Director across sports and F1.
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Sell event sponsorship, exhibition space, and advertising focusing primarily on SBC’s gaming events (e.g, CasinoBeats Malta, CasinoBeats Summit, SBC Summit, etc.), as well as for other SBC events if relevant for his or her clients (e.g., Betting on Sports America, Betting on Sports Europe, SBC Awards, etc.).
- Sell media and editorial services, primarily for CasinoBeats.com but also across the wider SBC Media portfolio, to his or her clients working closely with the Media Sales Manager
- Build and maintain relationships with clients to ensure client satisfaction and growing sales
- Working closely with Events, Marketing, and Media colleagues, ensure that the company delivers the services promised to the clients in a world-class manner
- Drive attendance at SBC events by selling delegate passes to suppliers and operators
- Contribute to sales team effort by accomplishing consistent and growing sales results, and by providing input to improve our events and services to meet customer needs
- Identify new sales and business opportunities for the company
- Provide industry insight to the broader sales team and prepare business reviews to MD and CCO
- Contribute to ensure that all CasinoBeats sales materials and presentations are continually improved and always up to date
- Contribute to make sure the CRM system is complete, collecting and updating contact information and logging all activity
- Attend and represent the company at relevant events and exhibitions around the world
You want to be part of an amazing and highly experienced team in a rapidly growing company in the sports, sports betting, and gaming industries. The company is based in West London and offers an informal, fun & stimulating work environment. You are a driven, results-oriented person that is well-versed in every aspect and every area of the sales process, who genuinely cares about your customers, and goes out of their way to make them succeed. You will be reporting into the CCO of SBC.
You must have:
- 2+ years experience in sales and relationship building
- Experience working in B2B events and/or media.
- Deep understanding of the online gaming sector and able to provide directional views on growth and challenges (i.e new technologies / product offerings)
- High level of proficiency in closing commercial deals, managing conflict and negotiation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to open doors and build rapport with industry executives
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
It would be nice if you have:
- A network of senior level contacts with gaming suppliers
- Awareness of gaming governance and legislation and how this would impact clients needs to promote their business through SBC’s events and media
- Experience with Google Drive and Slack
- Experience with CRM systems
- Work within the fast paced and exciting sports betting and gaming industry
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in West London
- Be part of a high growth and exciting news, media and event company
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and short covering note if you are interested in this position.
Our fair processing notice with respect to data you submit can be found here.