As part of the Sports Global Group of companies, SBC develops the sports betting and gaming industry by connecting businesses with the people and information necessary to succeed.
SBC Events organises the largest international events for the sports, sports betting and gaming industries, with a focus on inspiring content, information, and networking for senior executives. Our events include the industry leading Betting on Sports and Betting on Sports America conferences, as well as the CasinoBeats Summit and SBC Awards. In 2020 we will launch the new global betting and gaming show SBC Summit in Barcelona, covering all aspects of sports betting, iGaming, and payments in one event, as well as growing CasinoBeats Malta into a full two day conference and trade show in Malta.
SBC Media is the largest b2b news publisher in the betting and gaming industry with more than 75 news stories published every day across multiple online publications, as well as webinars and a bi-monthly print magazine. These provide a content and advertising platform for operators, suppliers, service providers and affiliates to promote their brand, products and services to the industry. SBC Media also provides editorial services and content strategy to enable industry players to get their message out effectively.
SBC’s flagship publication SBC News covers the sports betting industry with 80,000 unique visitors every month, complemented by SBC Americas focused on the US and wider Americas market and the newly launched SBC Noticias providing Spanish-language coverage of the market in Latin America and beyond. Additional brands include CasinoBeats covering the global casino and iGaming industries, PaymentExpert covering the fast-changing global payments sector, and Insider Sport the hub for news about the commercial aspects of sport.
SBC works closely with other Sport Global Group companies Esports Insider and AffiliateINSIDER, as well as affiliated company Oddslife. The group has over 50 employees with headquarters in London, several offices across Europe, as well as in the US and Latin America. With ambitious expansion plans, SBC is a high growth and innovative company focused on customer commitment and quality.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
To support the continued growth of SBC, we are creating a new role as Sales Operations Manager. This is a multi-faceted position operating both in an account management capacity for the CEO’s clients and with a broad business management responsibility across the firms’ sales portfolio.
SBC is a high-growth and diverse company; to realise its strategic ambitions, it will become necessary for the CEO to delegate client account management responsibility. Given the access to leading companies and industry leaders there is significant potential to develop, build and maintain exceptional relationships in this highly visible role.
As SBC diversifies and builds capability, the sales team continues to expand and operate in a more complex and sophisticated environment. As such, there is a strong demand in ensuring highly effective operational excellence across this critical function.
This combined role will enable a highly talented and capable individual to fast-track their career and open a number of potential avenues for progression.
The Sales Operations Manager will report to Jaap Kalma; SBC’s Chief Commercial Officer. Jaap brings a wealth of experience from across different sports. Prior to joining SBC, Jaap served a Chief Commercial Officer for AC Milan and before that worked at Ferrari as Global Brand Director across sports and F1.
With the secondary line manager as the firms’ CEO and founder, this will be a highly demanding and professionally rewarding opportunity within a truly innovative company.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
Key responsibilities, Account Management of CEO clients:
- Track and document all communication of SBC’s CEO with key clients and participate directly in important calls/meetings
- Draft client proposals based on the CEO’s indications
- Build and maintain a relationship with (senior) client executives and develop trust as a day-to-day contact person
- Draft and manage (personalized) email campaigns and bespoke sales materials for key clients
- Track progress of open action items and follow-up on communication with clients
- Convert accepted proposals into contract forms and verify accurate communication of the agreed packages to Events, Marketing, and Media
- Ensure SBC delivers on the contracted services in a world-class manner
- Ensure that sales reporting and the CRM system (Hubspot) on the CEO’s clients is complete and up-to-date. Share progress on the CEO’s clients at the weekly sales meeting
- Accompany the CEO to attend events and exhibitions around the world to connect with clients
Key responsibilities, Sales Business Manager to CCO:
- Ensure up-to-date structure of all planning & reporting tools
- Ensure consistent individual reporting and CRM usage and flag errors or missing data
- Prepare summary weekly sales status reporting
- Manage client lead list to ensure clear allocation
- Manage availability of up-to-date sales tools (sales catalog presentation, inventory sheet, exhibition floorplan, email templates, proposal template, IO template, etc.)
- Attend weekly sales meeting
- Identify possible improvements to sales procedures, reporting, and tools
You want to be part of an amazing and highly experienced team in a rapidly growing company in the sports, sports betting, and gaming industries. The company is based in West London and offers an informal, fun & stimulating work environment. You are a talented and ambitious person early in your career, a high potential looking for a challenging second or third career position. You will have a good understanding of sales and will have had previous client experience. You have the natural ability to build rapport quickly, also with senior executives: a relationship-oriented person that genuinely cares about customers and goes out of his/her way to make them succeed. Strong analytical skills, especially in the use of spreadsheets. You will be reporting into the CCO of SBC and will be in daily contact with the CEO & Founder of SBC.
You must have:
- Prior working experience in a B2B environment in relationship management or sales support
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to open doors and build rapport with industry executives
- Strong analytical skills and highly capable in the use of spreadsheets
- Experience with, or at least a good understanding of, sales planning and reporting
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken
It would be nice if you have:
- Experience working in or understanding of the B2B events and/or media serving the gaming sector
- Experience with Google Drive, presentation software (PowerPoint or Google Slides) and CRM systems
- Work within the fast paced and exciting sports betting and gaming industry
- A fun, relaxed and stimulating working environment in West London
- Be part of a high growth and exciting news, media and event company
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with you CV and short covering note if you are interested in this position.
Our fair processing notice with respect to data you submit can be found here.